Celebrating the Beauty of Life
At The Admiral at the Lake, we celebrate the arts and foster creativity in all forms. Art is everywhere in this community – from the people who live and work here who are active and engaged in the arts to the amazing spaces designed specifically to nurture and support the artist. Creativity is at the very core of our culture.
A Mosaic of Artistry
Regardless of which artistic form you prefer or which you choose to explore, you can express yourself here. We provide programs, instructions, activities, studio time, and classes in almost every art form. We offer the guidance and inspiration of talented teachers, speakers and presenters, all here to help advance your skills or help you explore a new area of the arts. There are a variety of artistic pursuits to enjoy, including:
- Crafts – from paper and cards to jewelry
- Art – from watercolor to oils
- Flower arranging
- Book clubs and writing classes
We Set the Stage for Artistic Growth. Literally.
Our community has been designed to nurture creativity, outfitted with spaces dedicated to the arts, including:
- Two art rooms for classes, instruction, programs, or private studio time
- Stage in the gathering room for drama, music, and theatrical performances
- Woodshop outfitted with tools, machines, and materials
- Movie theater – for movies, documentaries, presentations, and more
- Green spaces and gardens
Raise your voice in song. Learn to play an instrument. Enjoy a live performance. At The Admiral, we celebrate music in all forms. Whether you love to sing or prefer to listen, there’s something for every music lover here! We support musicians, both residents and local Chicago musicians, through a variety of programs and activities, including:
- Musical Instruction – Learn to play an instrument or advance your current talents
- Resident Choir – Lend your voice to our group and revel in the joy of song
- Live Performances – Enjoy visiting performers or participate in planned excursions to concerts, musical theater shows, and more
- Lifelong Musical Learning – Attend presentations and lectures focusing on music.
- Music is the soundtrack of everyday life at The Admiral. We’re even fortunate to have residents who have made music their profession, including GRAMMY award-winning artist Ella Jenkins.
“I love to sketch with friends and was thrilled to make new ‘art friends’ when I moved to The Admiral. We explore the neighborhood and park along the lake and find great spots to sketch – capturing the character and beauty of the area.”
“Last week I made slime; my granddaughter is jealous that I get to go to all these fun ‘craft’ classes with friends.”
“I’m an art lover – and truly enjoy the regular art shows we host at The Admiral. Many times, I’ve met the artist at the Art Opening to gain a better understanding of their style and approach.”
We honor and celebrate the talents of residents as well as local artists throughout the year, hosting juried art shows, displaying work in our hallways, and holding a renowned Chicago artists exhibit right here in the community.
Resident Art Gallery
We are proud to display the original works of our own gifted residents.
Explore Life at the Admiral
Discover an elevated and engaging retirement experience designed for today’s active seniors at The Admiral at the Lake, Chicago’s premier Independent Living community.
Explore the gardens and green spaces at The Admiral at the Lake.
Start planning your future today, and enjoy the rewards!
Life your way. Only better.
Connect with Chicago’s Senior Living Experts
The Admiral at the Lake’s Residency Counselors are here to help with anything you need to know about living locally, residences, and the senior living experience.
Our team can provide the information you need.
Schedule a Tour
Experience The Admiral at the Lake with a personal tour
Discover what’s new and interesting in our community.