First Time Using Zoom? No Problem!
The following guide is a simple walkthrough on how to successfully join virtual events using Zoom.
Join by Computer
In order to minimize feedback, or background noise, have headphones or earbuds available and plugged into the computer. This is not required, just a way to ensure high quality audio.
Steps to install the Zoom application:
- Click the Zoom link that’s been sent to you in the registration confirmation email.
- If Zoom is not already downloaded to your computer, the Zoom application will automatically download.
- When the download is complete, go to the downloads folder on your computer and click the Zoom launcher file.
- Follow the instructions as prompted to install the application on your computer.
Steps to join the Zoom meeting:
- Open the Zoom application.
- Enter the meeting id provided in your event confirmation email.
- Click the green button that says “Join Meeting.”
- Join by tablet or smartphone.
If you choose to use your tablet or smartphone to join us for the event, be sure to download the Zoom app ahead of time.
Steps to download the Zoom app:
- Navigate to the app store on your device.
- Type in “Zoom” in the search bar and tap the download button.
- Open the application and paste in your meeting id and password to join.
Allow Extra Time to Get Online!
Just as you might leave early to account for extra traffic, or bad weather when commuting to an in-person event, a similar concept applies to virtual events as well.
We suggest getting set up at least 15 minutes early to allow plenty of time to get connected. Coming in late means you might miss out on critical information, so we want everyone to try their best to join on time.
If you have any trouble connecting, or getting set up please refer to the Zoom website, or our live chat service available on this page. The official Zoom website has a very comprehensive Help Center for those who need help getting set up to use Zoom.