September 9, 2020
Guidelines for Independent Living Residence Visits – as of September 1st, 2020
The following guidelines must be observed by all visitors in our community. While staff can help with communication to visitors where possible, it is primarily the responsibility of the resident to share these guidelines with their visitors before they arrive to the community and are compliant with all guidelines below. This is for the benefit of the visitor and the community.
- All visitors are required to wear a mask upon entering the building and through the duration of their visit, including while they are visiting in the unit. Masks must cover the nose and the chin.
- All visitors must go through the front lobby health screening point prior to visiting a resident.
- Hands should be sanitized before leaving the lobby.
- At the screening table, visitors will be given a visitor badge to wear while in the building.
- Please wear this badge in a place that is visible to residents and staff of the community.
- No visitors will be allowed if they have had any Covid-19 symptoms within the last 72 hours.
- Two visitors living in the same household per time per apartment.
- Visitors are restricted from entering any common areas, such as the Bistro, living room, or any outdoor areas.
- Visitors are only to be in the unit of the resident/s they are visiting.
- No one under 18 is allowed in the building at any time.
- Visitors include anyone coming into address housekeeping issues or financial issues.
- Haircutting by an outside person is permitted for 1 resident at a time in their apartment
- Visitors are to follow the posted limits for the number of riders in each elevator.
- No visitors will be allowed if, in the last 14 days, they have been in a state currently included in the list of travel ban states as set forth by the city of Chicago. This restriction is in place for any guest, regardless of whether they live in the city of Chicago themselves or not.
- Harbor Residents cannot visit in any Independent Living area.
In order to keep our residents and employees safe and healthy, these guidelines must be followed. Non-compliance to the guidelines by a visitor can put the entire community at risk. Thank you for your support of these important efforts.
We’re Here to Help
If you have any questions please contact Jennifer Deitelhoff 773-654-5101 or the Front Desk 773-433-1800