Community Life and our Response to COVID-19
Since early March of 2020, life in our community has looked different for us. For a time, we have had to accept changes and embrace new practices designed to keep each of us and this larger Admiral community safe. What has not changed is the commitment of The Admiral at the Lake to:
- Our Mission
- Living out our Beliefs
- The Full Implementation of our Strategic Plan
- Delivering Top Quality Care to our Residents and Staff
Yes, it looks a bit different right now but we uphold the same commitment to those who live and work here that we will build a vibrant community so that we may each lead full and authentic lives of purpose. Security and peace of mind are present in our life plan community in new and increasing ways.
Where We Stand – Updated on August 10, 2022
What Has Changed
While we have always held as a priority the health and wellbeing of The Admiral at the Lake community, the way we have lived this out over the last couple of years has been a new experience for us. Someone joining The Admiral at the Lake today would see the following safeguards in place for the protection of all who live and work here:
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) by all staff throughout the community with use of full PPE by all staff who work in the healthcare setting
- Use of masks by residents and any essential service providers in The Harbors
- Screening for all visitors, staff, and service providers entering the building
- Routine testing of staff, residents and service providers as designated by local health officials
- Regular education to the community about safety practices which keep us all safe: mask wearing, social distancing, hand hygiene and how to receive care and support if you experience symptoms.
June 15, 2022 – We have decided to move forward with a new approach to masking. Details are below.
Regardless of whether you are a member of staff, a resident or a visitor, the following is
in effect immediately:
- If you are physically moving within The Harbors floors 6 through 12, you are required to wear a mask.
- If you are physically moving within the Independent Living areas of the community (tower, terrace building, garden building), the parking garage or the back of the house (first floor of The Harbors building), masks are optional.
Please remember that not everyone who lives, works or visits here is comfortable being indoors with others who are not wearing masks. As a courtesy to others, please be mindful of times when you are sharing space with someone who has chosen to remain masked.
When in these situations, please consider either:
- Wearing your mask
- Leaving the room
- Maintaining six feet of distance
Thanks to each of you for your personal commitment to the health and wellbeing of yourself and of your fellow Admiral community members. We are all grateful to our Admiral Heroes for their tireless work and their loyalty to this community, to residents who have volunteered their time and talent to meet needs of this community and to our Board of Directors for their support and leadership. One of our belief statements read: “We believe that every person has something to contribute and that we can accomplish far more together.” We have indeed accomplished far more together!
Nadia Geigler, CEO