July 20, 2022
This year, Father’s Day comes just after the official full re-opening of the city. Finally in Phase 5, all restrictions are lifted and our residents at The Admiral at the Lake couldn’t be more elated. Seniors who have been separated from their families are eager to be reunited with their loved ones and Father’s Day is the perfect opportunity to get everyone back together.
Residents of The Admiral lead an active lifestyle and love living so close to some of the city’s best restaurants, venues and tourist attractions. If your father keeps a detailed social calendar and is hard-pressed to turn down a new adventure, here are some of the activities you and your father can do to celebrate them this year.
- Chicago Fireboat Cruise: Explore the Chicago waterways on what was once the largest diesel-powered Fireboat in the world. Available for sunset cruises and historical tours, visitors can explore the Chicago River and Lake Michigan on a moving piece of history.
- Navy Pier Fireworks: A perfect, free way to wrap up a summer weekend in Chicago, Navy Pier sets off a 10-minute dazzling display of fireworks every Saturday. Grab a decent spot along the lakefront and enjoy the show.
- Cubs Game: Capacity and mask restrictions are no more in Chicago, what better way to mark the occasion than a ball game? Come root for our home team at Wrigley Field for Father’s Day!
- Frida Kahlo Gallery: Art and history buffs will love this! Bring the whole family to the Frida Kahlo exhibition at the Cleve Carney Museum of Art. Featuring 26 original pieces and a historical immersive exhibit, this presentation of her life will help visitors better understand her complex works of art.
- Marvel Super Heroes Exhibit: Running through October, the Museum of Science and Industry is turning into the Marvel Universe. Visitors can view two galleries full of artifacts, comic book pages, props and more from the super hero series. If your dad is a big fan of Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, Iron Man, or all of the above — this will be the best Father’s Day gift ever.
- Human Nature at Morton Arboretum: A 1,700 acre garden in the suburbs, renowned artist Daniel Popper paired with the Morten Arboretum to create his largest exhibit to date, Human+Nature. Connecting people with trees, explorers can bike or walk through to view exclusive sculptures up to 26-feet tall.
- Take-Home Grilling Kit: Taco lovers will love Mercadito’s grilling kit that comes with all the fixings and appetizers you need to enjoy a great authentic meal at home. For only $60, their carne asada grilling kit is available for pick on June 20 and 21st.
- Immersive Van Gogh: This exhibit at the Germania Club Building animates Van Gogh masterpieces, with each room dedicated to a specific piece. It’s a 35-minute presentation that lets you take in historic art from a whole new perspective.
- Golf on the Lake: Less than 10 minutes from The Admiral, Sydney R. Marovitz course sits between Lake Shore Drive and the shores of Lake Michigan. Our resident golfers love to take in the incredible views of the lakefront and skyline while playing a round.
- Father’s Day Restaurant Specials: Check out this list of local restaurants that offer brunch and special meals-to-go in celebration of Father’s Day. Take your pick of award-winning Italian, steakhouse, and BBQ menus that your dad will love!
The Admiral’s ideal location gives residents every opportunity to make the most out of summertime in Chicago. Learn about the attractions and events our residents will be attending in the next few months. Want to learn more about community life at The Admiral? Contact one of our team members to learn more about our Independent Living options.
Take a Personalized Tour
The journey to selecting the right retirement option for you is a highly personal one. Schedule a tour to see all that The Admiral at the Lake’s active senior living community has to offer.