April 29, 2021
The events of this past year have kept us from seeing our loved ones, giving us a greater appreciation for the value of quality time. The need for connection is stronger than ever, and as society continues to slowly open up and allows for limited gathering, people are anxious to make up for lost time. The good news is, Chicago offers plenty of opportunities to reunite for some much-needed bonding with your mother this Mother’s Day.
Our community at The Admiral at the Lake is full of doers. Between the range of resident-led programs, amenities and proximity to major attractions, The Admiral attracts people who want to spend their retirement doing the activities they love. If your mother keeps a calendar of social events, or is always looking to experience something new, here are some activities that are perfect for celebrating your mom, the adventurer, this month.
- The Garfield Park Conservatory: Mother’s Day is the last run of the park’s Spring 2021 show, “Saturation.” Viewers will be in awe of the range of blooming flowers on display in their breathtaking gardens, one of the largest botanical gardens in the world.
- Immersive Van Gogh: This exhibit at the Germania Club Building animates Van Gogh masterpieces, with each room dedicated to a specific piece. It’s a 35-minute presentation that lets you take in historic art from a whole new perspective.
- Cubs Game: Enjoy a socially distanced baseball game at the historic Wrigley Field with your mom. With the season just starting out, it’s the perfect time to watch the cubs at a perfect Springtime game.
- Monet at The Art Institute: The Art Institute held a solo exhibit to Claude Monet in 1985. In celebration of that milestone, major works of art and rare sketches will be displayed through June.
- WOMANISH Experience: Running through May, this 5-story exhibit explores womanhood through different installations and themed rooms. What better way to gain a whole new appreciation for your mom than through an artful experience inspired by women?
- Friends Pop-Up: Take a photo sitting on the couch in Central Perk and have a nostalgic walk through 12 rooms dedicated to your favorite show. Celebrate the 25th anniversary of Friends at The Shops at NorthBridge.
- Navy Pier Fireworks: The summer firework show everyone waits for each year starts up again in May! Every Saturday, Navy Pier sets off the 10-minutes worth of beautiful fireworks to enjoy from anywhere along the lakefront.
- River Cruise: Every Chicagoan is always up for an architectural tour of their picturesque city. Come aboard Chicago’s First Lady and enjoy a guided tour of the city’s history and famous buildings.
- Art on the MART: Through May 19, the Merchandise Mart will be projecting an installation in alignment with the Art Institute’s exhibit of Bisa Butler, a contemporary artist who tells stories through vibrant, quilted portraits. Check out works of art 25 stories high from anywhere on the riverwalk.
- Sip n Paint Mother’s Day Brunch: Combining two activities into one, K Decor Venue Space invites you to come create a beautiful canvas and enjoy brunch at the same time.
With such an ideal location, The Admiral at the Lake is perfect for residents who want to take advantage of everything Chicago has to offer. Learn about the attractions and events our residents regularly attend as locals. Want to learn more about community life at The Admiral? Contact one of our team members to learn more about our Independent Living options.
Take a Personalized Tour
The journey to selecting the right retirement option for you is a highly personal one. Schedule a tour to see all that The Admiral at the Lake’s active senior living community has to offer.